CASCAT is an innovative young company in the field of industrial biotechnology founded in 2014
The expertise of CASCAT is to combine the advantages of the two worlds: synthetic biotechnology and classical chemical catalysis. That is how CASCAT realises more cost efficient novel process routes.
This process technology is used to produce selected, highly valuable fine and specialty chemicals in gram to kilogram quantities of highest purity and quality, to supply the market. The distribution of our own products is mainly realised via a worldwide logistics networks of our exclusive dealers, or directly by us.
- Customised biocatalyst development for new or already existing reactions;
- Set up of novel and synthetic process routes based on the combined use of chemical catalysts and biocatalysts releasing new synergisms;
- The small scale production of fine and specialty chemicals (including the documentation and analysis of purity and quality), with milligram to kilogram batch sizes;
- Process optimisation and process design on a large scale to realise the economic and efficient chemo-enzymatic cascade reactions even for bulk-chemicals; and
- Manufacturing of selected fine and speciality chemicals that are difficult to assess by organic chemistry.
Our aim is the realisation of cost efficient, sustainable green processes by using energy saving and atom efficient transformations with improved down-stream processing.